OS Grid Reference: SO566099Whitecliff National School is in the south-west part of Whitecliff and was built in 1825. It was designed to serve the whole of Newland parish, of which Whitecliff then formed part, and for a time was known as Newland National School. It was supported by subscriptions and pence, and was a Sunday school as well as a day school. It closed in 1887. The building is now a private dwelling.