OS Grid Referance: SO602055A low ramshackle two storey block aligned North - South abuts a well built main wing of handsome proportions. This wing contains a number of fine architectural details including stone mullion windows, carved stone fireplaces, an old oak sprial staircase, and a two storey porch which has lost its gable. Also a chimney piece with a carved date stone showing 1637. Probably originally built for George Gough c1637, by 1814 the building was being used as the 'New Inn'. The Inn was still operating in the 1930's. Owned c1960's by Melville Watts, the building was partially restored in 1968. Later purchased by Dean Heritage Centre to prevent loss of the building during adjacent development of housing estate. Subsequently sold to Mr Bill Parker of Stowe who is currently conserving the building.