Netherhope Halt

Resources » Sites in the forest » Netherhope Halt

SMDB Image 114

View location on OS Map

OS Grid Referance: ST550962

Netherhope Halt was the last halt to be opened on the Wye Valley Railway, between Chepstow and Monmouth, in July 1932. It consisted of a platform with a small galvanised iron shelter, supplied by Joseph Ash & Son Ltd of Birmingham. The halt was on the eastern (down) side of the line just south of the southern portal of Tidenham tunnel, and the approach was down a steep path from the overbridge carrying Netherhope Lane. It closed to passengers on 5 January 1959 and was demolished soon afterwards.
Back to Top